After mass panic: suspects released again
Update The public prosecutor’s office in Turin is investigating the mass panic against rioters with stadium bans. Two suspects will be released after interrogation. Two suspects and 100 hooligans with stadium bans targeted by the public prosecutor’s office: The investigation into the mass panic involving 1527 injured in Turin on Saturday evening during the live broadcast of the Champions League final between the old lady Juventus and Real Madrid (1:4) is in full swing. The two had previously been identified by the images from video surveillance cameras, who denied the accusation and were released after several hours of questioning on Monday. Investigators appealed to eyewitnesses to report to the police to clarify the background of the mass panic. The police ruled out that the explosion of a firecracker could have triggered the panic, and the 100 rioters are said to have ignited smoke bombs and firecrackers on the San Carlo square before the start of the game.”They had already taken control of the square one and a half hours before the launch,”an eyewitness said, saying that the security precautions on the square were inadequate. Tens of thousands wanted to watch the live broadcast from Cardiff, but ten minutes before the end of the match in Wales, hell broke loose after some of the fireworks exploded. One or more people are said to have called out that a bomb had gone off, the police reported. The terrorist fear was triggered, the supporters tried to flee in wild panic, many fell and were trampled underfoot. 1527 people were injured, the public prosecutor’s office in Turin initiated an investigation. It was a complicated night,”emphasized Massimo Uberti, head of the Turin Health Department. Interior Minister Marco Minniti convened a meeting of the security authorities. The aim was to discuss efficient measures to strengthen public safety at mass events, and many of the injured were able to leave hospitals quickly. They were treated for lacerations and bruises. Two women are still in critical condition in a hospital in Turin. The condition of a Chinese boy admitted to the clinic with a concussion and fractures has improved slightly, and the recent terrorist attacks in England are thought to have contributed to the emergence of this mass panic. People ran away, trampled other people down, many were squeezed in. An iron railing collapsed under the pressure of the crowd, injuring several people and breaking the window pane of Café Torino, an elegant café on the square, causing further panic. Tifosi’s tables in the piazza San Carlo were overturned, bloodstains were seen on the marble of the square, and Tifosi were injured by glass bottles lying on the floor, although it was strictly forbidden to bring them to the square.”It was like being in the Heysel Stadium in Brussels 32 years ago, I was there at the time,” reported an older Tifoso. It was a mess,”reports an eyewitness. Pictures showed dozens of lost shoes and backpacks on the now abandoned site. In vain, the police tried to use loudspeakers to calm people down, the panic could not be stopped, and an information centre was set up not far from the square to help people find lost relatives and friends in the mass exodus. Two people were arrested while they were digging into bags and backpacks that were lost in the panic.